Name of the Organization: Humanity for Development and Prosperity Organization
Status: Non-Government Organization (N.G.O)
Type of the Organization: International
Year of establishment: 2018
Head Office Address: Kampala-Uganda
Telephone: +25641671829/ +256784021567
Legal status: NGO-Board
Contact with address: +256755222420, Kampala-Uganda
Humanity for Development and Prosperity is a non-governmental, non-profit stepped in humanitarian response starting from Uganda where the head quarter. The organization was established in 2012 and it became fully operational in 2018. Its first intervention was in refugee response in Uganda, where we worked in partnership with the ministry of health and humanitarian partners. The organization not only worked for poverty alleviation through providing basic assistance but also promoting communities and institutional capacity building, peace building, life-saving services, working and supporting good governance.
HDPO is governed by the Memorandum and Articles of Association which was certified under the Companies Act (Act No. 1 of 2012) of the Republic of Uganda. This governing document of HDPO stipulates clearly the purpose of the organization and all the legal terms & duties of the Board of Directors and other staff including Organogram. It’s a legal requirement in Uganda that all Humanitarian or Non-Governmental Organizations first register with the Registrar of Companies; for that case, HDPO was Incorporated has a Company Limited by Guarantee without a Share Capital where the Certificate of Incorporation was issued and the Memorandum and Articles of Association was certified. In addition, HDPO is fully registered with National Bureau for NGO which is under the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Uganda as a NGO where a Certificate of Registration and Operation Permit were issued. Attached are the documents to that effect.
Nobody left behind while moving towards reduction of the poverty within communities where everybody has the opportunity to realize their potential.
Support people and communities in situations of illiteracy, conflicts and social injustices. HDPOs interventions aim to achieve large scale, positive changes through building capacities, responding emergencies and social programs that enable women and men to realize their potential.
Our Core Values
Integrity: HDPO insist transparency and accountability in all its business, straight forward policies and procedures, while the utmost level of honesty in its financial dealings is the core and essential.
Inclusiveness: HDPO is committed to involving, supporting and recognizing the value of all components of society, regardless of religion, gender, nationality, ethnicity, age, physical or mental ability, other status and geography.
Effectiveness: HDPO values efficiency and excellence in all its operations and business, continuously attempt to do better and to meet the standards.
Innovation: HDPO is an innovator in Peace building and promoting skills that lead in creating opportunities for people living injustice and to lift themselves out of poverty. HDPO values quality in program design and strives to act leadership in development initiatives.
Objectives and priority interventions:
- Design humanitarian and developmental interventions and activities in proportion to needs and on the basis of needs assessments and country’s’priorities.
- Build strategic partnerships with partners aiming at responding to various humanitarian crisis and strengthening governments’ developmental initiatives.
- Ensure, to the greatest possible extent, adequate involvement of beneficiaries in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian responses.
- Strengthen the capacity of the affected population and host communities to prevent, prepare for, mitigate and respond to humanitarian crises, with the goal of ensuring that government entities and the communities are better able to meet their responsibilities and co-ordinate effectively with humanitarian partners.
- Provide humanitarian assistance in ways that are supportive of recovery and long-term development, striving to ensure support, where appropriate, to the maintenance and return of sustainable livelihoods and transitions from humanitarian relief to recovery and development activities
With whom We work and How?
HDPO works closely with the sister INGOs, NGOs, CBOs, Government and UN agencies in identifying the gaps, building response strategies and conduct the operations through the following sectors; Protection, Health & Nutrition, Education, WASH, Peace building and Livelihood
What We do?
HDPO operate the following program
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion
- Education program
- Peace building
- Livelihood and income generating activities
- Health and Nutrition
Where We work?
- South Sudan
Our Target Groups:
HDPO target group is always the most disadvantaged segment of the society especially women, children within communities including conflict-affected and return areas to support their resilience.